Our fourth year chief resident position is a great way to supplement a resident’s education, learn new skills, and positively impact the residency program. The chief serves as a liaison between faculty and residents and has myriad functions including:
- Helping other residents as needs arise
- Seeing their own continuity patients in clinic
- Precepting residents in clinic
- Being a voice at both faculty and resident meetings
- Improving leadership and teaching skills through workshops and readings
- Assisting at workshops geared towards medical students
While not a true faculty development year, there is a focus on teaching and leadership. Yet the beauty about our chief position is that it can be taken in a number of different directions, with limited administrative duties compared to traditional chief positions and ample elective time. Most chiefs choose a project to work on throughout the year that will improve our program.
Our chief is always happy to help with questions you may have about our program so don’t hesitate to get in touch via our Contact Us page.