Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Helping Children Achieve Their Full Potential
The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital (BBCH) offers the state’s most comprehensive evaluation and treatment resources for families with children or adolescents struggling with emotional or behavioral problems. We collaborate closely with Spring Harbor Hospital, southern Maine’s premier not-for-profit psychiatric hospital and fellow member of the MaineHealth family.
Douglas Robbins, M.D., division chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at BBCH, also coordinates services for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Spring Harbor Hospital as well as serving as medical chair of its Glickman Family Center for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, an umbrella organization that encompasses all the youth psychiatric treatment, training and research programs of the two hospitals. This integration ensures young patients have seamless, coordinated access to the comprehensive array of youth mental health programs available here.
Why choose the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital for pediatric mental health services?
- The state’s largest team of youth mental health professionals, providing an unparalleled depth and breadth of psychiatric expertise
- Ongoing initiatives to improve access to child mental health services in the primary care setting and in the community
- Thoughtful and compassionate support resources for children and their families
- Streamlined access to the wealth of additional pediatric subspecialty expertise within the hospital organization
- A collaborative approach that includes parents as an integral member of their child’s care team
- Child and adolescent psychiatrists who remain on the leading edge through their involvement in teaching the next generation of physicians