Every year community fundraising events are organized by kids, parents, businesses and organizations, schools, and sports teams. These events all started with a great idea and a big heart. Some community fundraising events raise $50 and some $50,000. No matter the result, all play an important role in helping the children and families cared for at The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital.
And, you don’t need a lot of experience to make your event a success — just the energy and enthusiasm to make it happen!
- “A-thon” Dance-a-thon, bike-a-thon, rock-a-thon, walk-a-thon, etc.
- Auctions or Raffles
- Bake Sale/Candy Fundraiser
- Breakfast, Luncheon, or Dinner
- Car Wash
- Carnival or Concert
- Coin drive
- Fashion Shows
- Restaurant or retail promotion
- Sports Tournament
- Yard Sale/Garage Sale
- 101 Fundraising Ideas
We're Here to Help
Our staff is ready to make sure that your fundraiser is a success. Here's what we can do for you:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and fundraising
- Acknowledge direct contributions to the children's hospital
- Provide and approve use of our logo, as appropriate
- Assist in directing contributions towards areas of special interest or areas of need within the hospital
- Provide a letter of authorization to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Provide banners, event posters, balloons
Here is what we may be able to do for you depending on the specific event and timing:
- Provide promotional/give-away items (such as pins with our logo)
- Provide publicity using hospital’s social media vehicles
- Send a representative to attend check presentations
- Help to create an Online Fundraising Program
- Tips for Planning a Successful Fundraising Event
There are some things we can't do:
- Provide our tax exemption number unless it is agreed upon beforehand
- Provide a certificate of insurance and permits for events
- Offer funding toward an event
- Offer reimbursement for expenses unless it is agreed upon beforehand
- Share mailing lists of donors or vendors
- Provide Hospital stationary
- Guarantee attendance or involvement of our patients, physicians, or staff
Submit Your Community Event Proposal
If you are interested in hosting an event to benefit The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center please:
Interested in Learning More?
Contact our Fundraising Team at (207) 662-2737 or GetInvolved@mmc.org. Thank you for your interest in supporting The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital! A member of our Fundraising Team will contact you within five business days.