Apply & Contact
MMC participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and all PGY-1 residents in the institution are selected by this process. We accept applications only through the use of Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We ask each applicant to make every effort to get all materials to us by mid-October.
Within two weeks of receiving your completed application, we will notify you via ERAS about whether or not we are able to offer you a personal interview. If an interview is offered, the notification will request that you call the department to arrange the interview. Interviews are offered from October through January on Thursdays, Fridays and some Wednesdays.
The interview days are designed to be satisfying opportunities to discuss the program with the residents and faculty and to tour the hospital and clinics. The residents host multiple interview dinners each week to welcome our interviewees in a fun and enjoyable environment.
- Deans letter
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts - must pass Step1 and Step 2 with maximum of two attempts
- Two letters of recommendation from attending physicians you have worked with at a U.S. teaching hospital
- International medical graduates must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Graduation from medical school within the past 3 years
- Minimum of 12 months U.S. clinical experience
- We accept J-1 visas only
- Jen Burnham
- Residency/Clerkship Coordinator
- Family Medicine Center
- 272 Congress Street
- Portland, ME 04101
- Phone (207) 662-7351