The position of Integrative Family Medicine Fellow of the MMC Family Medicine Residency Program functions to provide integrative family medicine services in a supportive, educational environment allowing for developing their own knowledge, skills and attitudes in the field. Fellows assume the responsibility of providing clinical care, educational and academic services to the department and community and being a role model for other residents.
- Works with the Integrative Family Medicine Fellowship Director in overseeing curriculum in complementary and integrative medicine.
- Participates in web-based integrative medicine curriculum and completes a minimum of 80% of modules.
- Participates in required residential training weeks with the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
- Participates in Integrative Medicine Patient Care Conferences.
- Develops Integrative Medicine treatment recommendation plans.
- Works with community complementary and alternative medicine providers in their offices at least 1 session per week.
- Teaches residents and medical students participating in complementary and integrative medicine curriculum and rotations.
- Develops an area of study for the year synergistic with her/his interests in Integrative Family Medicine.
- Participates in scholarly activity and presents to department.
- Presents teaching conferences under the supervision of Integrative Family Medicine Fellowship Director.
- Maintains a professional portfolio.
- Attends and participates in the annual faculty retreat.
- Participates in the recruiting and interview process.
- Acts as resource for the Integrative Family Medicine Fellowship Director and meets with him/her on a regular basis.
- This position reports to the Integrative Family Medicine Fellowship Director.
- Maintains a practice in a Family Practice Center seeing patients at least 2 sessions per week.
- Maintains a practice in Integrative Medicine Consultation seeing patients at least 2 sessions per week.
- Maintains a practice in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine seeing patients at least 1 session per week.
- Post Graduate Degree (M.D., D.O. or equivalent)
- Satisfactory completion of a Family Medicine Residency Program
- Satisfactory completion of half the web-based integrative medicine curriculum
- Satisfactory participation in residential training weeks at Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Willing to invest the time and accept the responsibilities required by the position
July 1 through June 30