Often with multiple chronic health conditions and highly specialized needs, our inpatient programs are designed specifically to care for Maine ’s seniors who require hospitalization.
Our Acute Care for the Elderly Unit (ACE), a Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), and Inpatient Consult Service work to:
- Maintain physical and cognitive functioning
- Decrease occurrence of delirium
- Maximize independence at discharge
- Assist with transition from the hospital to home, or from the hospital to the next healthcare facility
- Prevent unplanned hospital readmissions