Joint Replacement Center
The Joint Replacement Center at Maine Medical Center is northern New England’s leader in several advanced surgeries including:
- Anterolateral Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
At the MMC Joint Replacement Center, an integrated team approach leads to improved outcomes, faster recovery and higher patient satisfaction. Our patients benefit from having their own, unique space - with operating rooms, pre and post-operative rooms, and a family reception area.
The MMC Joint Replacement Center is also proud to provide:
- A rehabilitation gym that gets patients back to daily living - as quickly and comfortably as possible.
- Robust education - because we believe informed patients have the best experiences.
View our joint replacement quality data, and compare MMC and Maine Medical Partners – Orthopedics & Sports Medicine to other area healthcare organizations here.
Awards and Recognitions
- For 2014-2015, Orthopedics is ranked as ‘high-performing’ at MMC according to U.S. News & World Report
- The MMC Joint Replacement Center has earned two Gold Seals of ApprovalTM for health care quality.
- The MMC Joint Replacement Center has been named an Aetna Institute of Quality® Orthopedic Care Facility for total joint replacement and spine surgery. Facilities are selected for consistently delivering evidence-based, safe care.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Maine has designated MMC as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.