The application process for the 2016 Junior Volunteer Program is closed for new applicants.
The Junior Volunteer program offers high school youth an opportunity to gain experience in a health care setting while learning new skills and giving back to their community. Areas Junior Volunteers may serve in include: Retail Shops, Information Desk/Escort, Cafeteria, Mail Room, Admitting, Hospital Elder Life, and Volunteer Services.
2016 Program Highlights:
- The Junior Program begins the week of June 27 and ends August 19.
- Junior Volunteers will be assigned to two departments for the duration of the 8 week program.
- Junior Volunteers serving their first year in the program will likely be placed in a food services or retail setting for at least one of their two assignments. Assignment preference is given to Returning Junior Volunteers serving in their 3rd or 4th year. Placement in a specific hospital department cannot be guaranteed.
- If accepted, applicants are required to complete all steps of the application process by the deadline dates. It is imperative that applicants check their email frequently for updates and communications on next steps.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a high school student, entering freshman through senior year and be between the ages of 14 and 18 (age 14 by July 1, 2016).
- Have the ability to volunteer from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM on the same weekday for the duration of the program. A minimum of 45 service hours are required.
- Show a willingness to accept assignments with a positive attitude.
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator the week of February 15 (invitations sent via email to selected students).
If accepted into the program, attend Orientation on June 16, 2016 from 3:00-5:00 PM.
How to Apply:
New applications for the 2016 program is now closed.