Thank you for your interest in the Junior Volunteer Program at Maine Medical Center! The Junior Volunteer program offers high school youth an opportunity to gain experience in a healthcare setting while learning new skills and giving back to their community. Areas Junior Volunteers may serve in include: Retail Shops, Information Desk/Escort, Cafeteria, Mail Room, Admitting, Hospital Elder Life, and Volunteer Services.
2017 Program Highlights:
- The Junior Program begins the week of June 26 and ends August 18, 2017.
- Junior Volunteers will be assigned to two departments for the duration of the 8 week program.
- Junior Volunteers serving their first year in the program will likely be placed in a food services or retail setting for at least one of their two assignments. Assignment preference is given to Returning Junior Volunteers serving in their 3rd or 4th year. Placement in a specific hospital department cannot be guaranteed.
- If accepted, applicants are required to complete all steps of the application process by the deadline dates. It is imperative that applicants check their email frequently for updates and communications on next steps.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be a high school student, entering freshman through senior year.
- Have the ability to volunteer from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM on the same weekday for the duration of the program. A minimum of 52.5 service hours are required.
- Show a willingness to accept assignments with a positive attitude.
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator in February (invitations sent via email to selected students).
- If accepted into the program, attend Orientation on June 22nd, at 3:00 – 5:00 PM.
The 2017 application period for Junior Volunteers has ended.