Thank you for your interest in the Junior Volunteer Program at Maine Medical Center! The Junior Volunteer program offers high school youth an opportunity to gain experience in a healthcare setting while learning new skills and giving back to their community. Areas Junior Volunteers may serve in include: Retail Shops, Information Desk/Escort, Cafeteria, Mail Room, Admitting, Hospital Elder Life, and Volunteer Services.
2017 Program Highlights
- The Junior Program begins June 26 and ends August 18, 2017.
- Junior Volunteers will be assigned to two departments for the duration of the 8 week program.
- Junior Volunteers serving their first year in the program will likely be placed in a food services or retail setting for at least one of their two assignments. Assignment preference is given to returning Junior Volunteers serving in their 3rd or 4th year. Placement in a specific hospital department cannot be guaranteed.
- If accepted, applicants are required to complete all steps of the application process by the deadline dates.
To be considered, an applicant must:
- Be a high school student, entering freshman through senior year in fall 2017.
- Have the ability to volunteer from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM on the same weekday for the duration of the program. A minimum of 52.5 service hours are required.
- Show a willingness to accept assignments with a positive attitude.
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator in February (invitations will be sent via email to selected students).
If accepted into the program, you must attend Orientation on Thursday, June 22nd, 3 – 5 PM.
- Applications for the 2017 program will be posted here online Thursday, January 19th at 3 PM!
- Applications will close Tuesday, January 24th at 10 AM.
- At that time you must complete the Online Application and sign the application documents (both students and parent).
We regret that we have fewer openings than applicants, and therefore cannot guarantee that you will be accepted into the program. Please bear that in mind when applying. Thank you.
How to Apply
Applications will be online January 19, 2017 at 3 PM.