MaineHealth is proud to take part in the Million Hearts Campaign.
Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) means any disease involving the heart and blood vessels. Some of these diseases include high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, heart attack, stroke, aneurysm and peripheral artery disease (PAD) or peripheral vascular disease (PVD).
You can reduce your risk of developing CVD by:
Eating healthy and keeping a healthy weight
Take Care of Yourself!
- See your doctor regularly and talk about any concerns you have
- Take your medicine as directed
- Get a flu shot every year and ask if you should also have a pneumonia shot
- Know the symptoms of heart attack and stroke and when to get emergency help
- Call 9-1-1 if you think you might be having a heart attack or stroke
Click here to learn more about risk factors for cardiovascular disease and where to get help making changes to improve your heart health.