Since 2002, PFHA and its partners have earned the following national recognition for their work with A Matter of Balance:
- Healthy Aging: A Good Investment, Exemplary Programs for Senior Centers and Other Facilities, National Council on the Aging, Fall 2002.
- The Aging States Project: Promoting Opportunities for Collaboration Between the Public Health and Aging Services Networks, January 2003.
- National Governors' Association, May 2003.
- Journal of Physical Activity and Aging, October 2004, guest editorial by the assistant secretary, U.S. Administration on Aging.
- Partnering for Healthy Aging, November 2004, National Council on Aging.
- Healthcare and Aging Network Award for Quality and Innovation, American Society on Aging, 2006.
- Aging Innovations and Achievements Award, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging, 2006.