Family Birth Center
The birth of a child is a precious moment for the mother and a joyous event shared by the entire family. It’s a nurturing process, and our Family Birth Center is here to guide and support moms and family members. With us, you get the medical expertise and technology that we’re known for together with the compassionate care and soothing environment you and your family desire. That is patient and family-centered care.
This is an exciting as well as nerve-racking time. It’s only natural to bounce back and forth between exuberance and anxiety. So be easy on yourself. Whatever you’re feeling, just know that we’ll be here for you, even before you get here.
Tour Sign Up
Highlights of the Family Birth Center:
- Welcoming and nurturing environment with private rooms with natural light include private bathrooms, hot tubs for use during labor, and built-in sofa for a guest
- Access to highly specialized trained physician and nursing staff as well as low risk labor support
- In-house anesthesiologists and pediatricians available if needed
- One to one patient support in Labor and Delivery
- Maine’s largest Level 3 NICU providing the highest quality care your baby can receive, should your baby need extra attention after delivery
- Breastfeeding support from experienced lactation consultants is available before, during and after your stay
- Extensive Parent Education program offering a variety of pregnancy and parenting classes to help you prepare for your new little one. Register for a childbirth education class
- Special room service menu so you can eat when it’s convenient for you
Having a baby with us?
These helpful links will guide you through the process from admission to going home.