ARE YOU AT RISK FOR SLEEP APNEA?
Are you at risk?
Your answers to this quiz will help you decide whether you may suffer from sleep apnea:
- Are you a loud and/or regular snorer?
- Have you ever been observed to gasp or stop breathing during sleep?
- Do you feel tired or groggy upon awakening, or do you awaken with a headache?
- Are you often tired or fatigued during the wake time hours?
- Do you fall asleep sitting, reading, watching TV or driving?
- Do you often have problems with memory or concentration?
If you have one or more of these symptoms you are at higher risk for having obstructive sleep apnea. If you are also overweight, have a large neck, and/or have high blood pressure the risk increases even further.
If you or someone close to you answers "yes" to any of the above questions, you should discuss your symptoms with your physician or a sleep specialist.
The Maine Sleep Institute
930 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101