Social workers staff both the inpatient
units of Maine Medical Center and the outpatient sites, including the
clinics, Scarborough campus, Nephrology Associates and
Maine Pediatric Specialty Group.
Social workers can provide the following
services to patients and families:
to main Patient and Family Services page
- Assess the emotional, social and environmental needs of
patients and their families
- Provide diagnostic/preventative and treatment services,
including individual, family and group counseling.
- Assess and address discharge planning needs
- Provide information and referral to community resources
- Provide consultation and education on psychosocial needs