The Bariatric Surgery Program at Maine Medical Center is a comprehensive weight loss program offering the latest in surgical, psychological and dietary preparation for those interested in weight loss surgery.
Nationally Credentialed as an ACS Accredited Bariatric Center with Full Approval
The Maine Medical Center Bariatric Surgery Program has been named an Accredited Bariatric Center with Full Approval by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The ACS Accredited Bariatric Center with Full Approval designation recognizes surgical programs with a demonstrated track record of offering safe and comprehensive care to all patients seeking weight loss surgery.
Casco Bay Surgery weight loss surgeons Roy Cobean, MD and Renee Wolff, MD have performed over 2,000 weight-loss operations, since 1999. All of our surgeons are certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
Our staff specializes in the assessment and treatment of obese patients. Since bariatric surgery is all we do everyday, we can offer you the most up to date care available. Safety
The bariatric surgery program at Maine Medical Center offers many options for optimal patient care before, during and after weight loss surgery:
- Pathways for patient safety
- Operating rooms designed for obese patients
- Dedicated patient floors for patients having bariatric surgery
- Specialized bariatric equipment for patient care and treatment
Return to Top
- Certified Bariatric Nurse
- Registered Dietitians specializing in bariatric Surgery
- Licensed Social workers specializing in eating behaviors