Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Maine Medical Center!
We currently have over 700 volunteers who give more than 60,000 hours of service per year.
We offer orientation meetings to provide more information about volunteering at Maine Medical Center. Volunteer Services encourages adults of all backgrounds and abilities to attend to learn more about volunteer service at MMC.
Attendance at one of the sessions is mandatory and the first step in becoming a volunteer, although attendance is not a guarantee of placement. Placement is made on the basis of hospital needs and a determination of a good match between the individual and the hospital. The safety and care of our patients is the driving force of volunteer placement.
Before you proceed, ask your self these questions to ensure that you are able to fulfill the role of a volunteer.
- Am I 18 years of age or older?
- Am I able to commit to 3-4 hours a week for at least six months?
- Do I enjoy working in new situations, taking on different duties, or helping in additional ways based on the needs of the people around me?
- Do I agree to submit to a criminal background check?
- Am I comfortable in a healthcare setting?
- Do I hold a valid U.S. Social Security Number?
If you answer "no" to any, it is possible that our organization may not meet your goals as a volunteer. If you answer "yes" to all then please continue on to our steps for getting started.