We have a dedicated and detailed staff including:
- Three board certified transplant nephrologists
- Two board certified transplant surgeons
- Three additional board-certified surgeons
- A board-certified physician specializing in infectious diseases
- Financial, social work, dietary, and pharmacy consultants
How do we compare with the rest of New England?
- We have shorter wait times for a kidney transplant.
- We have transplanted a higher amount of people on our list each year.
- Our rate of transplant failure has been lower than others.
We are always trying to give you the most up to date information.
- Kidney Exchange Programs - We are members of two programs designed to match living donors with people who need kidney transplants. The result is shorter waiting times.
- Fast Track Evaluations – These are designed to get people transplanted quicker by completing their pre-transplant testing and getting them on the wait list for a kidney sooner.
We welcome all requests for information. If you have any questions, please call (800) 870-5230.
Where are we?
The Maine Transplant Program is conveniently located at 19 West Street in Portland, Maine. We are about three blocks from the Maine Medical Center. We also have on-site parking.