Introduction to Kidney Transplantation
Kidney transplantation is considered to be the best treatment for people with end-stage renal disease (ESRD). If you are considering a transplant for yourself, or just want to learn more about it, welcome! We have many resources here that can teach you more about transplantation and what to expect. For example:
: Here, you can find handbooks, pamphlets, and other publications about the many aspects of transplantation. We have also provided links to reliable websites for national organizations dedicated to kidney disease and transplantation.
- Fast Track Evaluations: If you are eligible, this new program can get you listed for transplant faster.
- Benefits of Living Donor Transplants: Receiving a kidney from a living donor has many benefits for the recipient.
- Looking for a Living Donor: Tips on how to find a living kidney donor.
- Kidney Exchange Programs: A new, exciting development in transplantation.
- Transplant Program Outcomes: How well do we compare to other transplant programs? The most up-to-date information about our transplant and patient survival rates can be found here.
Although there is no substitute for meeting with you face-to-face, we hope this information will help you make decisions about your healthcare. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kidney Transplantation