At Maine Medical Center we take a multidisciplinary approach to genitourinary (GU) cancer care. Radiation oncology, surgical urology and medical oncology all collaborate on the optimal course of treatment for patients. Our clinical outcomes for GU cancers are consistently excellent compared to national benchmarks – and are based on the largest patient volume in northern New England for these cancers. Our GU cancer program includes:
- The only fellowship-trained urologic cancer specialists in Maine.
- Maine’s first Genitourinary Cancer Clinical Patient Navigator . This trained oncology nurse ensures that patients receive the education necessary to make an informed decision regarding their treatment and addresses barriers to receiving timely access to this treatment.
- A robust database to track outcomes for GU cancer patients and continually monitor and improve the quality of care we provide.
- Twice-monthly genitourinary tumor conference bringing together all the appropriate specialists.
- Recognition as one of five model prostate cancer programs nationally by the Association of Community Cancer Centers.
Our team of urologic experts treats these types of cancers:
Genitourinary Cancer Program
For more detailed information click here for the Prostate/Genitourinary Cancer Program