- "The best part of my residency is that I am well-known, and I so appreciate this aspect of our program!"
- "The quality of education from attendings to simulation sessions is phenomenal. There is such a great variety of cases and pathology here, I am so happy."
- "Rural rotation and program and senior resident support here are so amazing, I feel fortunate to call MMC my home."
- "Work-life balance is truly respected."
- "I feel so well supported by my co-residents and the faculty- I am constantly impressed by how well people know me, which makes such a difference in my education."
- "I am much more comfortable than I expected to be in my training, and feel I ask more questions and challenge myself more because of that."
- "Outstanding residency experience, always felt supported and encouraged to pursue my interests."
- "Commitment to teaching from all attendings is outstanding."
- "Wonderful mentors across all fields."
- "I feel very prepared procedurally. I’ve felt very supported and have received feedback throughout my residency which has helped me grow."
- "Autonomy early on is amazing."
- "Support for special interest and ability of the program to adapt to individual needs is excellent."
- "My program has such supportive leadership and administration- I truly feel that I matter."
- "I still have such fond memories of that time and still so appreciate the excellent training I got. Being in a place without any peds specialists and practicing rural peds, I regularly rely on ALL the skills I learned there and am so grateful to have had the great training I did.”
Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
Our Pediatric Residency Program provides an exceptional education with a breadth of experience typically found only in large centers. As a tertiary care referral hospital for all of Maine and Southern New Hampshire, we offer state-of-the-art care.
All this takes place in what we consider the most beautiful, small city in the country. We think you'll agree that three years in Portland, Maine , is "the way life should be."
We invite you to explore the links on the left to learn more about our program!