Maine Medical Center has earned national recognition for its expertise in neurological care, including:
- MMC was the first healthcare facility in Maine to earn distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission, demonstrating that its stroke care program follows national standards and guidelines that can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
- MMC has received the American Stroke Association's (ASA) Get With The Guidelines-Stroke (GWTG-Stroke) Gold Performance Achievement Award in recognition of its commitment to a higher standard of stroke care by ensuring patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted standards.
- Chicago-based think tank NeuStrategy has named Maine Medical Center a Stroke Center of Excellence and a Spine Center of Excellence Comprehensive Program, recognizing MMC as ahead of its peers in creating the optimal environment for stroke and spine care.
- MMC is Maine's only Level I trauma center, designated by the American College of Surgeons, provides specialized emergency and critical care for trauma patients.
- The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at MMC is one of the country's leading children's hospitals, specializing in all aspects of pediatric medicine for infants, young children, and teens.
- MMC has received Magnet Recognition for Excellence in Nursing from the American Nurses Credentialing Committee-the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of inpatient nursing care.