|Top Six Reasons to Live and Work in Maine
1. Quality of Place - We take our quality of life pretty seriously in Maine. Maine is a beautiful state with low population density, incredible natural beauty, and a thriving arts and restaurant scene.
2. Affordable Housing - The average cost of a house in Maine is well below that of many other areas in the country. If you want to live on the ocean, in a small town, in the woods or in downtown Portland, there are many reasonably priced options.
3. Proximity to New York and Boston - Boston is just 90 minutes by car from Portland, or you can catch a train in Portland and be at North Station in a few hours. New York City is about six hours by car from Portland, and even less if you take a direct flight from the Portland Jetport.
4. Low Crime Rate - Maine has one of the lowest levels of crime in the United States, making it a safe place for you and your family.
5. Friendly and Hardworking People - While we're Yankees (but not necessarily Yankees fans) Maine people are warm and hardworking. You'll be impressed by your colleagues' dedication and passion for their work.
6. Excellent Schools - Maine communities offer a wide array of public, private and magnet schools.