At The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital (BBCH), we provide comprehensive and specialized imaging services just for infants and children in a safe and friendly environment with an understanding of how to manage children’s fears and anxiety compassionately.
- We offer Maine's largest and most comprehensive team of Board certified, fellowship trained specialists in the diagnostic imaging of children
- Warm and compassionate nurses and technologists specially trained in the care of children and with years of pediatric experience – ensuring high-quality care
- Access to the full range of today’s most advanced diagnostic imaging technology with special equipment tailored to children’s developing bodies
- The expertise to carefully tailor imaging tests to the special needs of children, particular when it comes to minimizing radiation exposure
- Open communication with parents that informs and empowers
- A team of pediatric radiologists actively involved in teaching and clinical research keeping them on the leading edge of their field – ensuring that your child benefits from the most current knowledge and the latest diagnostic imaging advances
Pediatric radiologists are involved in diagnosing the full range of illnesses and injuries affecting children, such as disorders of the abdomen, chest, head, extremities and spine, including congenital or genetic abnormalities.