Once you have your date of surgery, you will pre-register.
You can register in one of the following ways:
- By phone: (207) 662-2433 or (207) 396-8388 (Pre-registration office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30am-8:00pm OR
- Online: www.mmc.org/register OR
- In person: Maine Medical Center Outpatient Registration office at one of the following.
- 22 Bramhall Street, main MMC campus
- Brighton Campus Outpatient Registration office at 335 Brighton Avenue
- Scarborough Out- patient Registration offices at 84 Campus Drive and 100 Campus Drive.
Insurance and Pre-Certification
You will need pre-certification from your insurance company for hospital services. Please feel free to call your insurance company and physician to be sure appropriate authorizations are in place.
Your hospital bill does not include your doctor’s or other specialist fees.
Our Financial Counselors will help you if you do not have insurance, or are underinsured. For this assistance, please call Maine Medical Center Outpatient Registration Office at (207) 662-2433 or the Scarborough Outpatient Registration Office at (207) 885-8388 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday (7:30a.m.-8 p.m.). Three programs may assist you: Expended Free Care, Prompt Pay and Monthly Payment Plan. Visit our patient billing informational website for more information.