If you do not feel well on the day of surgery, please call the Center at (207) 396-7221 as early as possible. Be sure to notify your Surgeon’s office as well.
Checklist before leaving home:
- Bring an accurate list of your medications with their doses as well as your medications in their original containers.
- If you have sleep apnea and use a CPAP please bring it with you.
- Bring two forms of ID (insurance card and photo ID).
- Bring a copy of your completed advance directive or living will.
- Make sure you have a ride home and someone to care for you at home.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
- Come showered, wear no jewelry or makeup.
- Remove body piercings.
- Bring a case for your glasses, contacts, and dentures.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing i.e., sweat pants for surgery and large button down shirt for shoulder surgeries.
- If you have been given any special equipment i.e., walker, crutches to be used after your surgery please bring with you.