The Maine Medical Center Urology Program is committed to providing comprehensive, state-of-the art care for evaluation and management of adult and pediatric urologic conditions. Urologists treat a wide variety of health concerns including urologic cancers, stones, urinary incontinence, male infertility and impotence, urinary infections, and congenital (present from birth) abnormalities in infants and children.
Patients are provided with exceptional care close to home, at both Maine Medical Center and its Maine Medical Partners - Urology office.
Experience and Expertise
Maine Medical Center has the largest, and most experienced urologic team in northern New England. Our urologists complement each other in areas of training and clinical focus. This gives patients access to a full range of urologic experts, including Maine’s only fellowship-trained specialists in urologic oncology, and urologic robotic surgery.
As part of an academic medical center, our urologists are also actively engaged in clinical research and teaching. This positions us on the leading edge of urologic treatment advances, giving our patients access to world-class care, close to home.
Our program includes:
- Maine’s only fellowship-trained urologic cancer specialists
- Maine’s only fellowship-trained robotic specialist
- The largest team of urologic specialists in northern New England
- The region’s most extensive experience with robotic-assisted laparoscopic urologic surgery
- The distinction of being selected as one of five model prostate cancer programs nationally by the Association of Community Cancer Centers
- The ranking of “High Performer” for Urology by US News & World Report
- A Genitourinary Clinical Patient Navigator to provide further education regarding diagnosis, treatment options, and community resources for cancer patients
- A truly multidisciplinary approach to genitourinary cancer care, with radiation oncology, surgical oncology, and medical oncology all collaborating together
Recent Milestones and Accolades
In the January 2015 issue of DownEast Magazine, 101 physicians who are employed by, or practice at Maine Medical Center, were recognized in the annual 'Maine's Top Docs Survey. The MMC Urology Program is excited to share that Dr. Brian Jumper and Dr. Moritz Hansen received the two slots awarded for physicians specializing in Urology. Dr. Brian Jumper and Dr. Moritz Hansen have both recently been interviewed on Urologic topics for Maine Medical Center 'MMC Radio' podcasts. To listen, please visit here.
The MMC Urology Program is proud to announce that Dr. Matthew Hayn has received a three-year appointment as Maine Medical Center's cancer liaison physician. Dr. Hayn is among a national network of more than 1,500 volunteer physicians, who are responsible for providing leadership and direction to establish, maintain and support their facilities’ cancer programs.