A Department of Stephens Memorial Hospital
Ripley Medical Office Building
193 Main Street
Norway, Maine 04268
Phone: (207) 743-7605
Carolyn Costanzi, MD
Gregory Hardy, MD
Jeannette Andrews, DO
Angela Loveless, NP
Western Maine Obstetrics and Gynecology is dedicated to providing women's health services for all generations. Gregory Hardy, M.D. and Carolyn Costanzi, M.D. and Mark Klemperer, M.D. bring individualized and personal care to their patients during every stage of their life.
Western Maine OB/GYN Offers:
• A full range of pregnancy care - a well-rounded approach to optimize your experience.
• Menopause counseling
• Pap smears
• Female incontinence issues
• The most current treatment in gynecological care and state-of-the-art surgery.
• Close relationships with The Family Birthplace and the Women's Imaging Center located downstairs at Stephens Memorial Hospital for additional high quality care.
We are excited to inform you that Western Maine Ob/Gyn became a department of Stephens Memorial Hospital on July 1, 2011. This change provides us with the opportunity to deliver a more coordinated approach to the high quality care you seek. Our physicians, office staff and location will remain the same and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations.
As a department of Stephens Memorial Hospital, we are required to change the way that we bill Medicare for our services. Medicare rules require that all office visits must be billed in two parts:
- We are required to bill Medicare separately for the professional services delivered by your physician or nurse practitioner.
- We are required to bill Medicare separately for the "facility component" (use of the room, nursing staff, equipment and supplies).
These separate bills may result in a Medicare co-insurance amount that may be greater than you previously paid for an office visit. This is due to the payment system Medicare uses to determine physician and hospital payments, as well as the method used to determine your Medicare coinsurance, or out-of-pocket expense. As a result, you may also receive two Explanations of Benefit documents (EOBs) from Medicare.
There is a handbook published by Medicare that explains the outpatient payment system in detail. You can call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE) for more detailed information.
Our Patient Representatives are also available to answer your questions. Please feel free to call our team at (207) 396-8666 during the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
For more information on Western Maine Obstetrics and Gynecology or to make an appointment, please call (800) 532-0042.
Fetal Development Tool * Disclaimer
* This information is designed to contain answers to help you with commonly asked questions. Responses are intended to provide general medical information and are not intended to provide medical advice for any particular individual. Please remember information you receive online is not a substitute for a formal consultation with your personal physician. The user acknowledges that this content is a source of information and does not constitute a diagnosis, a specific treatment recommendation or medical advice for a particular individual. Do not use this information if you feel you may be experiencing an emergency. You should contact 911 or your local emergency personnel. Our staff encourages you to take the information you find and discuss it with your own healthcare team.