MaineHealth WOW! Tobacco Treatment Details
MaineHealth WOW! offers tools for employees and their dependents to take control and quit tobacco once and for all.
Tools to support you when you are ready:
- All employees, spouses and dependants can meet with our tobacco treatment specialist for FREE.
- Personalized help to make a quit plan that works for you.
- Options for how to help you get through the day in a tobacco-free worksite if you are not ready to quit.
- FREE tobacco cessation classes or treatment groups.
- If you have MaineHealth health insurance, tobacco treatment with your provider is FREE.
- Tobacco treatment medications: FREE for employees and dependents enrolled in any of MaineHealth’s health plans. You will need a prescription to have the medications covered. This includes all prescription and all over-the-counter (FDA-approved) medications such as nicotine patches, gum and lozenges
- Meet with the Tobacco Treatment Specialist to discuss what medications will work for you. Prescriptions are available when you meet with the nurse practitioner in the WOW! Tobacco Treatment Program.
- Consider use of nicotine replacement therapies to ease cravings when you are in a tobacco-free environment. Meet with the Tobacco Treatment Specialist to find out more.
Questions on the tobacco fee if you enroll in the healh plan? Click here.
Click here for Quit Tips
Click here for Benefits of Quitting
View Peter Bates Tobacco Free MMC Campus. Click here.
2013-2014 Tobacco screening and re-screening
1. View the Tobacco Screening Locations to find a location near you.
2. Bring your completed Tobacco Screening Form with you.
- If you would like to avoid the $1,200 tobacco fee completely in 2014, you have until December 20, 2013 to screen or re-screen for tobacco use. If you tested negative during the 2013 Rewards period, there is nothing further you need to do.
- Employees who are charged the tobacco fee in January will have only ONE rescreening opportunity in February 2014. If you do not test negative for tobacco at that time, you will be charged the fee for the remainder of 2014.
- Tobacco screenings must be done at designated NorDx Tobacco Screening Locations.
Providing a false urine sample is considered a violation of the Ethics Policy and is subject to disciplinary action. In addition, violators will have their prior test result invalidated and will be required to pay all tobacco use fees that they should have incurred for failing to have a negative test.